Humans are decimal, which is convenient for metric, 10 fingers and 10 toes
(well most of us my cousin had 12 toes).

From: Stanislav Jakuba [mailto:jakub...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 10:40 AM
To: Ressel, Howard R (DOT) <howard.res...@dot.ny.gov>
Cc: USMA List Server <usma@lists.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: [USMA 780] Re: Let's call it the Decimal System

ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or
click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails.

Thanks Howard. I cannot agree more.
The American or English system has been decimal just as about everybody else's
throughout modern times/life. Sans a few poetic names such as Lincoln's "score"
or, with eggs, "dozen." Which country has non-decimal currency, as an example?
There is nothing that distinguishes American metric to call it decimal.
Everybody is (supposed) to be decimal.
Decimal is a system of numbers. No change. Metric is a system of measurement.
We have been adopting metric for that purpose, not decimalization.
Stan Jakuba

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 8:41 AM, Ressel, Howard R (DOT)