Hi all,

Just to clarify, Einstein’s equation works for any coherent system.

·         In the case of SI, energy is in joules, mass in kilograms and speed
of light in metres per second.

·         If you prefer the cgs system of units, then energy is in erg, mass in
grams and speed of light in centimetres per second.

·         If you prefer the MTS system (used in France in industrial
applications between the wars), then energy is measured in kilojoules, mass in
tonnes and speed of light in metres per second.

·         If you prefer imperial of customary units, you will find that there
is no coherent unit of energy.

Martin