When it comes to outpatient office visit, the treatment of patient height and
weight is more like a retail pharmacy setting than it is a clinical encounter.
Physicians and nurses at such venues have been accommodating patients on
measurement units in America right up to now. If any U.S.-based physician has
unilaterally begun using a scale that measures ONLY kilograms and meters, I’d
like to know. My doctor, modern in other respects, uses the same kind of scale
in use I was a child in the 1950s, the medical beam scale, and this scale has
NO metric readouts.

Sadly, we have much to learn from the educational power of the COVID-19
pandemic.Nany principles if epidemiology became part and parcel if Anerican
siciety in a dew days. Now , I certainly don’t seek a pandemic to advance the
goal, but If the countermeasures to this disease had required metrication,
office-visit pounds and feet would have been banished from U.S. healthcare in
the twinkling of an eye.