Hello Mark:

We have successfully used the devices below with a Lenovo ThinkPad T560
laptop running Ubuntu 16.04.3.

When testing the Akitio PCIe expansion box, we used the Intel X710-DA2 with
it.

https://www.akitio.com/adapters/thunder3-10g-network-adapter

https://www.akitio.com/expansion/node-lite

The 10 Gbps RJ45 Ethernet SFP+ modules that we've successfully used are the
10GTek and the ProLabs 10G-SFPP-T-C.

https://www.amazon.com/10Gtek-SFP-10G-T-S-Compatible-10GBase-T-Transceiver/dp/B01KFBFL16/

https://www.prolabs.com/products/optical-transceivers/brocade/SFP_Plus/10G-SFPP-T-C

--​Neel Pandeya