Hello Peter,

Yes, that is correct, you need multiple AXI wrappers and (optionally)
multiple header encoders if you are dealing with multiple ports. From the
blocks from our codebase, the DDC [1] and DUC [2] have multiple port
configuration, which is done on a for loop, but they don't have header
modifiers unlike the DmA FIFO [3] which includes that for multiple ports.

You can clearly set each port manually, without a for loop, depending if
each port is dedicated to a different operation.

Regards,
- Nicolas

[1]
https://github.com/EttusResearch/fpga/blob/rfnoc-devel/usrp3/lib/rfnoc/noc_block_ddc.v