On 05/18/2018 05:55 PM, harfan ryanu via USRP-users wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have question related to two function in UHD. There is a function to
> choose subdev (set_tx/rx_subdev_spec) and set antenna
> (set_tx/rx_antenna). What is the difference between these two function?
> If i choose for example subdev A:0, does it automatically select antenna
> in the RF A daughterboard? Does it mean the subdev function overrides
> the select antenna function or is there any other way to utilize these
> two function?
> I have USRP x310  with UBX daughterboards. I am just wondering if I can
> control which channel that can transmit/receive information from the
> antenna while still enabling all channel in the stream argument.
> I am grateful if somebody could help me to understand this.
> Thank you very much.

In UBX, you can't do much wrong. The default subdev spec is "A:0 B:0",
which means slot A is mapped to channel 0, and slot B is mapped to
channel 1 (the :0 in the subdev spec means "frontend 0" which is the
only frontend).

Then, you can

set_rx_antenna("RX2", 0);

or

set_rx_antenna("TX/RX", 0);

to set the receive antenna on channel 0, which is slot A (according to
the subdev spec).
The TX antenna only supports the "TX/RX" value, so not much to do here.

-- M