Hi Philip,

I write the image you provided and it booted without trouble. I set the KERNELPATH to /usr/src/kernel. Then, I tried to build batman-adv module but failed at first, as expected. I given an error;

            /bin/sh: scripts/basic/fixdep: No such file or directory

Then I built all modules in kernel sources using the following commands;

            cd /usr/src/kernel

            make modules_prepare

            make modules

            make modules_install

That took some time, but at the end I can manage to build batman without error. However, I couldn't use the build batman-adv.ko. When I tried to insmod the module, I given an error;

            modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'batman_adv': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

And the kernel log was;

            [ 1896.210237] batman_adv: Unknown symbol crc32c (err 0)

The output of  'cat /proc/kallsyms | grep crc'  command;

            c02cd8d8 t crc32c_cra_init
            c0303250 t crc32_generic_shift
            c03032d8 T crc32_le_shift
            c03032e4 T __crc32c_le_shift
            c03032f0 T crc32_le
            c0303438 T __crc32c_le
            c0303580 T crc32_be
            c030a2f0 t crc32_validate
            c091364c t crc32c_mod_init

And I assume that crc32c module is exists? I stuck at this point, and googling didn't helped.

There is one more thing, I asked the kernel upgrade process to the ETTUS Support, they replied with the following;

            "Upgrading the kernel would require you to port our drivers. That probably isn't feasible."

Regarding that answer, how could you managed to build image with kernel 4.9 for e310 devices?

Thank you again,

Best Regards,

Said U.