Hi Saeid - Thanks for the followup. I totally agree that if you just "sudo
apt install gnuradio", compatible versions should be installed. Are you
using Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS (Xenial Xerus)? If you choose to install from
source, you can follow instructions such as the GR recommended way here <
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/UbuntuInstall#Xenial_Xerus_.2816.04.29
>. I have an Ubuntu 18.04 install that went very smoothly using this guide,
but maybe the guide is outdated for older Ubuntu; or, our packages need to
be updated for that OS version ... Cheers! - MLD

--
Michael Dickens
Ettus Research Technical Support