On 2022-06-06 12:40, Jon Beniston wrote:
Hi,

On a b210, after manually setting a master clock rate, it can be returned to
the automatic setting, by setting the property:

/mboards/0/auto_tick_rate to true

However, this doesn't seem to work on an E320. uhd_usrp_probe --tree doesn't
show an auto_tick_rate property. How can I set it back to automatic on an
E320, or any other USRP device?

Thanks,
Jon

To be honest, I didn't even know there was such a property. Normally, on devices with variable master clock rates (not all devices, BTW),   UHD simply decides on the master-clock rate based on the sample rate, and if you don't like its choice, you can specify   "master_clock_rate" in the device arguments.   I was not aware that any of this could be made "sticky" as the auto_tick_rate property
  suggests.

I'm pretty sure that if you just *dont specify* a master_clock_rate in a session with an E3xx device, UHD will simply pick an appropriate   master-clock rate.  That is certainly true with E310 and B210, but I don't have an E320 to play with.

On other devices, like X310 and N32x, the master clock is NOT terribly flexible, and if you don't specify it, the default for that particular   devices is used.  The value of "master_clock_rate" can only be chosen from a small number of discrete values.

On still other devices (N2xx, for example) the master-clock rate is utterly fixed, and specifying master_clock_rate either does nothing,
  or raises an exception.