On 25/05/2023 09:41, Rob Kossler wrote:
I may be off-base here, but I thought that the GPIO control occurred from the Radio block such that a DUC group delay would not be the place to look. I am wondering if the GPIO control does not use timed commands.  Instead of the automatic setting of the Tx GPIO, we have used custom GPIO with timed commands to pulse a GPIO bit as a trigger at the same time as we begin the radios.  But, I have not checked the relative timing between my GPIO pulse and the RF because I was only interested in repeatability rather than knowing the precise relative timing.
It was certainly the case in the past that the ATR logic was somewhat asynchronous to the state of the DUC.  This may well have   changed while I wasn't paying attention.   Since I'm not in R&D, and not an FPGA guy, this could be the case.

Regardless, my point about T/R control signals occurring not-precisely-aligned with when sinusoids are coming out the antenna
  port remains.  It will always be tricky to get it "exact".