On 01/09/2019 06:11 AM, John Levine wrote:
> Yes, I know.  The chances of verifying 80 names in a row without one of
> them glitching does not seem high.  I'd probably get rate limited first.
> The usual LE rollover for a single cert starts quite a long time before
> the old cert expires so if it fails, you can try again tomorrow.

I thought the rate limit was the number of certs /issued/ a week.  So I
would expect that validation failure before issuance wouldn't count
against the rate limit.

Yes, and I missed the /issued/ part in my original response; sorry.

There's also a limit on validation failures that probably applies. But
it's per-host and should not be a problem.

                                Ned