> On 17.03.2011 12:58, Roberto De Ioris wrote:
>>> On 17.03.2011 12:50, Leonid Borisenko wrote:
>>>>   I've noticed 'embedded' build option (that sets UWSGI_EMBEDDED
>>>> define)
>>>> and curious about it's purpose.
>>>>
>>>>   I found that UWSGI_EMBEDDED define is used only in Python and PSGI
>>>> plugins. So, should 'embedded' option be setted to 'true' only if
>>>> uWSGI
>>>> is built with embedded Python or PSGI plugin(s) (i.e if
>>>> 'embedded_plugins' includes 'python' or/and 'psgi')? Are any
>>>> user-visible features/improvements introduced by setting this option?
>>>
>>>   Ah, I possibly understand it's purpose. 'embedded' introduces 'uwsgi'
>>> module in user applications. So user could invoke any function from
>>> uWSGI API by invoking function from uwsgi module. Am I right?
>>> _______________________________________________
>>>
>>
>> Yes that's right.
>
>   Well, for now this name of option makes sense for me, as 'embedded'
> means 'embed module for accessing to uWSGI API into language bridge
> plugin', but not 'building with some embedded plugins is requested by
> user', as I initially thought, looking at option name.
>
>   Honestly, plain 'embedded' doesn't give any clues for it's real
> purpose and coexistence of 'embedded' and 'embedded_plugins' is
> confusing. Could you consider changing of 'embedded' name?
> 'api_access_module' or 'provide_api_module' or something similar will be
> more clear.
>

Oh yes, this is not a problem, i think 'expose_api' could be a good name.

-- 
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it
_______________________________________________
uWSGI mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi

Reply via email to