Thanks, I wasn't sure if the docs were in sync with the source. Still, in that 
case I would have thought that only one of the 'listening' workers would have 
received the signal, when in fact it was somewhat unpredictable, and always 
more than one.

Regardless I would have expected the signal to keep firing for each file 
change/touch.

I was doing this on Mac OS 10.6, just to try it out. The app will be deployed 
on RedHat 5.5.

We can work around this, the signals would have been a rather sexy approach to 
the problem. I'm trying to avoid spawning a thread.

-- 
Berndt Jung
Sent with Sparrow

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Roberto De Ioris wrote: 
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I'm trying to use the add_file_monitor function to detect a change in an
> > application config file. I put the following in my application:
> > 
> > def init():
> >  uwsgi.register_signal(99, 'workers', change_response)
> 
> 
> The 'workers' kind of signal is not implemented. It fallback to the
> default 'worker' or '' that will deliver the signal to the first available
> worker.
> 
> 
> 
> >  uwsgi.add_file_monitor(99, '/Users/berndtj/Dev/uwsgi/message.txt')
> > 
> > If I wrap the those calls in a function called from uwsgi.post_fork_hook,
> > all workers register the signal, and all workers (and more receive the
> > signal:
> > 
> > Tu
> > 
> > In all situations though, the signal is only sent the first time the file
> > is changed. Subsequent changes do not trigger the signal. This seems
> > like a bug, as the signal should fire on every change according to the
> > docs.
> 
> which OS ?
> 
> 
> -- 
> Roberto De Ioris
> http://unbit.it
> _______________________________________________
> uWSGI mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi
> 
_______________________________________________
uWSGI mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi

Reply via email to