> Thanks!
>
> I have another question: my application logs to stderr, and uWSGI puts
> these
> writes in the uWSGI log.
>
> When I enable UDP logging but don't start a UDP server, my application
> raises an IOError (connection refused) when trying to write to stderr.
>
> This is not what I'd expect, which is that the log will be silently
> discarded.
>
> Is this a bug? A feature? I wouldn't want a failing logserver to take out
> all my workers...


This is how "connected" datagrams works (more or less). The uwsgi_log
function know this and ignore connection errors, but python's print cannot
do it. In 0.9.7 we introdiced the --log-master facility where the workers
delegate log management to the master (this is how syslog and zeromq
logging are implemented). The same can be applied to 'unconnected' udp.

Expect a patch very soon.

>
-- 
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it
_______________________________________________
uWSGI mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi

Reply via email to