Hi,

it is time again. If you have any questions regarding the release, please
ping this thread.

THURSDAY 2018-05-17: API adoption freeze starting
V8 will branch in one week for the upcoming Beta phase for Chrome 68. On
the 2018-05-24 one of the latest Canaries will be selected to be the branch
point. This means we will roll this version into Chromium in order to give
them and Blink time to synchronize with the roll. Essentially this will be
a revert to an older version!
In order to make this synchronization as painless as possible for V8 and
Blink please don't make API changes which make the revert more difficult
and don't adopt API changes. When in doubt, ask yangguo@ or hablich@.

THURSDAY 2018-05-24 Create 6.8 branch
Create the 6.8 based on one of the latest/most stable Canaries. The
auto-roller is closed (maybe over the weekend). Keep in mind that this
means we are not integrating with Chromium (much less test coverage). If
you happen to work an an important fix, please make sure that the fix is on
5.9 too! See information on merging & patching for the details. Merge
approvers for this release are Chrome Release Managers and hablich@.

Latest MONDAY 2018-05-28: Back to normal and API adoption freeze is lifted
Auto-roller is running again and we are back to normal business.

Cheers,
Michael