On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 5:05 PM Immanuel Haffner
<haffner.imman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To make my scenario more concrete:
> I habe data in main memory, easily tens or hundreds of gigabytes. Programs
> fly in requiring to access the data. Some programs are short-lived, some will
> take a long time to compute. Some programs are executed only one, some are
> executed repeatedly. So I will have to JIT compile many programs to WASM
> modules. Copying the data into the memory of each module would totally kill
> performance.

Totally a hack but you can munmap() the memory that V8 allocated for
the ArrayBuffer's backing store and mmap() your own at the same
address with MAP_FIXED. You can use a memfd[0] to create anonymous
memory that's mapped at multiple addresses.

[0] http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/memfd_create.2.html