Hey,

on v8 bleeding_edge there's a new Makefile target called "builddeps"

In contrast to "dependencies" this will only install the tools required for
building v8. "dependencies" also pulls in tools required for development.
Since those depend on "depot_tools" and we want to make it possible to
compile v8 without installing depot_tools, we introduced this separate
target.

best
-jochen