On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Jochen Eisinger <joc...@chromium.org>
wrote:

> Version 4.4.0.0 is
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8/+/31bbcc3e197cd69c0bb806107448aff2c1ae8b15

That's where we bumped the numbers in v8-version.h shortly after creating
the 4.3 branch. The numbers in that file don't identify a unique revision;
they remained at "4.4.0.0" for six weeks until we bumped them to "4.5.0.0"
after creating the 4.4 branch.

There is indeed no version tagged as 4.4.0 (or 4.4.0.0), which is an
artifact of how we create our tagged snapshots. I suspect when someone says
"4.4" they mean branch-heads/4.4
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8/+/branch-heads/4.4>.