I am still unsure as to why I am getting this issue Ben.

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class
v8::Local<class v8::Context> __cdecl v8::Context::New(class v8::Isolate
*,class v8::ExtensionConfiguration *,class v8::MaybeLocal<class
v8::ObjectTemplate>,class v8::MaybeLocal<class v8::Value>)"
(?New@Context@v8@@SA?AV?$Local@VContext@v8@@@2@PEAVIsolate@2@PEAVExtensionConfiguration@2@V?$MaybeLocal@VObjectTemplate@v8@@@2@V?$MaybeLocal@VValue@v8@@@2@@Z)

The code in question would be

v8::Local<v8::Context> context = v8::Context::New(isolate);

The one from the samples is exactly the same
  Isolate* isolate = Isolate::New(create_params);
  {
    Isolate::Scope isolate_scope(isolate);

    // Create a stack-allocated handle scope.
    HandleScope handle_scope(isolate);

    // Create a new context.
    *Local<Context> context = Context::New(isolate);*

    // Enter the context for compiling and running the hello world script.
    Context::Scope context_scope(context);

    // Create a string containing the JavaScript source code.
    Local<String> source =
        String::NewFromUtf8(isolate, "'Hello' + ', World!'",
                            NewStringType::kNormal).ToLocalChecked();
    // Compile the source code.
    Local<Script> script = Script::Compile(context, source).ToLocalChecked
();
    // Run the script to get the result.
    Local<Value> result = script->Run(context).ToLocalChecked();
    // Convert the result to an UTF8 string and print it.
    String::Utf8Value utf8(result);
    printf("%s\n", *utf8);
  }

I have highlighted the line in the hello-world sample and i'm unsure how
that's just happily compiling/linking and mine is not.