Since I tried building with GN, I supplied arguments in the `gn args` txt
document. `target_os` was set to `android`, there is an explicit assertion
in BUILDCONFIG.gn however in /build/config that checks whether I am on a
linux or mac when targeting android. As far as I am aware building with GYP
(not GN) was possible for android.

On 7 December 2016 at 14:18, <pave...@coherent-labs.com> wrote:

> What values do you give to -Dtarget_arch= ? , and how do you specify what
> option do you use to specify the target os to gyp_v8
>

> On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 1:50:53 PM UTC+2, Peter Kanev wrote:
>>
>> I work on a project that embeds v8 in native Android applications, the v8
>> used for all 3 architectures  (arm v7, arm 64, x86) we support is built on
>> Linux machines.
>>
>> As a next step the project must support generation of snapshot blobs for
>> those 3 archs, and as such I need to build the mksnapshot tool on Windows,
>> to accommodate users developing on Win machines.
>>
>> I managed to build only the default `v8` and `mksnapshot` for `x64`, with
>> target_os being that of the host - Windows. I seem unable to configure GN
>> (using gn args) to build for android. Could I be missing something, or is
>> that case not at all supported? What about building for android on Windows
>> with Gyp?
>>
>> Thank you!

> v8-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Sincerely,