Is the idea of a "component build", where you specify
"is_component_build=true" in the arguments to GN, actually supposed to work
at all in V8 (v7.8)?

In particular, I am getting this unresolved external symbol:

1>ezv8_platform.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) class std::unique_ptr<class v8::Platform,struct
std::default_delete<class v8::Platform> > __cdecl
v8::platform::NewDefaultPlatform(int,enum
v8::platform::IdleTaskSupport,enum
v8::platform::InProcessStackDumping,class std::unique_ptr<class
v8::TracingController,struct std::default_delete<class
v8::TracingController> >)"
(__imp_?NewDefaultPlatform@platform@v8@@YA?AV?$unique_ptr@VPlatform@v8@@U?$default_delete@VPlatform@v8@@@std@@@std@@HW4IdleTaskSupport@12@W4InProcessStackDumping@12@V?$unique_ptr@VTracingController@v8@@U?$default_delete@VTracingController@v8@@@std@@@4@@Z)

referenced in function "public: __cdecl ezv8::Platform::Impl::Impl(void)"
(??0Impl@Platform@ezv8@@QEAA@XZ)

The function "NewDefaultPlatform" seems to be exported from v8_libplatform.

V8_PLATFORM_EXPORT std::unique_ptr<v8::Platform> NewDefaultPlatform(
    int thread_pool_size = 0,
    IdleTaskSupport idle_task_support = IdleTaskSupport::kDisabled,
    InProcessStackDumping in_process_stack_dumping =
        InProcessStackDumping::kDisabled,
    std::unique_ptr<v8::TracingController> tracing_controller = {});

But the destructor of the base class, v8::Platform is not exported.

/**
 * V8 Platform abstraction layer.
 *
 * The embedder has to provide an implementation of this interface before
 * initializing the rest of V8.
 */
class Platform {
 public:
  virtual ~Platform() = default;

I think that's the cause of the error above, although I may have
misinterpreted the error message.

Am I barking up the wrong tree by trying to use the component build at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice.