I think this is a very relevant question.
I was planning to "vagrant up" a Alpine based VM, and this "generic" user
account is the only with boxes of the OS.

All boxes are being kept updated, and looks like someone took the effort to
automate the build process somehow.
So why not be more transparent about WHO keeps this user running?
It's somewhat suspicious.

I think Hashicorp should rethink their polices about the minimum required
information in the VagrantCloud profiles.
Nowadays looks like is essentially zero.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/5ecbc73f-8ad3-4a02-9d81-8a0f9af9e008%40googlegroups.com.