Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I tried what you said, both on my own computer and my colleague's computer.
Both cases after bringing up the box with no provisioning, vagrant ssh
failed.

Here's the Vagrantfile:

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.ssh.insert_key = false

  config.vm.box = "ubuntu/xenial64"

  config.vm.boot_timeout = 600

  config.vm.hostname = "twelveandus"
  config.vm.network :private_network, ip: "192.168.33.34"

  config.vm.synced_folder ".", "/home/vagrant/"

  config.vm.provision :shell, path: "vagrant/bootstrap.sh"
  config.vm.provision :shell, path: "vagrant/startup.sh", run: "always"

  config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |v|
    v.memory = 2048
  end

end