I went into more detail in the other thread, but the docker compose
provisioner just uses docker compose to run docker commands, so I suspect
it's demonstrating a vagrant edge case (sometimes-faulty identification of
the private network's interface).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CA%2BonWPeqL8DR2of7o7ctT2pbzrhGcJiHBog7V9LrCXGKL6rt1g%40mail.gmail.com.