I have now added the "-lcrypt" flag and it actually can resolve the symbols
found in libc.a

The Problem is that Valgrind Coredumps immediately after start with sig 4 Has
nobody a Static Linked Valgrind for AIX 5.3?

We also used OBJECT_MODE=64 and the other time with 32

The 64 bit version will stop at compile time with some assembler problem
"llong" and the 32 bit version finished but coredumps on execution

Thanks,

Oliver

I'am now using Gmake, i can compile the memchecker with the hack:

http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.aix/2004-11/0553.html

unfortunately it will only make it compile and coredump if i start it. Has
anybody a clue what my "real" issue is here?

I have added the -lcrypt flag and also created a dummy file with the undefined
symbols. I would assume that on a "real" load i will not work because the
referenced library doesn't exist. Question here would be how do i handle this
in AIX 5.3 when i don't have a static linked binary for crypt.

Thanks for all the responses already.

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: encrypted_pw_passlen
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: max_history_size
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: crypt_r
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: getpass_auto
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: max_pw_passlen

>>> Igmar Palsenberg <ig...@palsenberg.com> 1/21/2011 12:02 pm >>>

The ./configure works Properly for me... but here i get stuck, the question is
why is that, i have no clue what the -C stands for otherwise i could eventually
replace it.

install GNU make. Don't even bother porting to the AIX make.

Igmar

Based on previous e-mail correspondence with you and/or an agreement reached
with you, we consider ourselves authorized to contact you via unsecured e-mail.
Warning:
(a) E-mails can involve SUBSTANTIAL RISKS, e.g. lack of confidentiality,
potential manipulation of contents and/or sender's address, incorrect recipient
(misdirection), viruses etc. We assume no responsi-bility for any loss or
damage resulting from the use of e-mails. We recommend in particular that you
do NOT SEND ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION, that you do not include details of the
every time you write an e-mail.
(b) As a matter of principle, we do NOT accept any ORDERS, revocations of
orders or authorizations, blocking of credit cards, etc., sent by e-mail Should
such an e-mail nevertheless be received, we are not obliged to act on or
respond to the e-mail.
Please notify us immediately if you received this e-mail by mistake or if you
do not wish to receive any further e-mail correspondence. If you have received
this e-mail by mistake, please completely delete it (and any attachments) and
do not forward it or inform any other person of its contents.