On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 14:06 -0400, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> Not sure how to post to this thread having just signed up for the
> list, but hopefully this routes correctly..
>
> Hi,
> I wanted to confirm that the aes changes in trunk do indeed solve that
> unrecognized instruction issue, however,
> I am still experiencing immediate termination whenever I use valgrind
> with the following output:
>
> ==66368== valgrind: Unrecognised instruction at address 0x3a36b8c.
> ==66368==    at 0x3A36B8C: __abort (in /usr/lib/system/libsystem_c.dylib)
> ==66368==    by 0x3A36AAA: abort (in /usr/lib/system/libsystem_c.dylib)
> ==66368==    by 0x3D79431: _SCSessionUniverseByUIDAcquireAndLock (in
The above does not match the symptoms of an aes instruction not
recognised (see e.g. bug 290655).

>From the above, I am guessing that _SCSessionUniverseByUIDAcquireAndLock
encounters a problem, and calls abort. Abort might be implemented via
an illegal instruction.

You might verify that by just doing a small executable calling abort
and see if that gives the same behaviour.
Otherwise, disassemble the instructions at 0x3a36b8c.

Philippe