Hi all,

I wanted to share a link to my project, Valgrind-preload
(https://github.com/yugr/valgrind-preload) to hopefully get some
comments, suggestions or bugreports.

Valgrind-preload is a simple LD_PRELOAD-able library which will cause
all spawned processes to be started under Valgrind. It's functionality
is similar to Valgrind's standard --trace-children=yes but fixes few
issues:
* avoids instrumenting setuid processes (Valgrind can't handle them so
you have to laboriously blacklist all of them via
--trace-children-skip which is unreliable and disables instrumentation
of grandchildren)
* can easily be enabled for the whole distro or chroot via
ld.so.preload (as there's no need to search for init and replace it
with custom wrapper)

The tool seems to be pretty stable now, e.g. I was able to instrument
complete Debian package builds and even found several new bugs (listed
on main page).

You can check the link above for additional details.

Thanks,
Yury Gribov