On vendredi 8 février 2019 16:32:50 CET Ahmad Nouralizadeh wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote a really simple Pin tool to calculate the number of dynamically
> allocated bytes in a program. I instrumented GIMP with this tool and it
> reported 77 MB of allocations. I did the same experiment with Valgrind
> which reported 117 MB.
> My Pin tool is similar to the example in Pin. It searches for malloc(),
> calloc() and memalign() in each loaded image and adds instructions before
> them to calculate the total size of the allocations.
> I am really confused and need help!

If you're on Linux, I recommend using heaptrack for this :-)
https://github.com/KDAB/heaptrack

This doesn't really answer your question, sorry about that, but you might want
to see which of those tools heaptrack agrees with, it might help finding out
who is wrong...

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5