Paul,

We are working hard on getting the nest mates requirements clarified.
I would like to use that to support the Lookup.defineClass and not do a
Quick&Dirty
in advance for MVT . I think we should stick with the reduced restrictions
for withfield for early access. I think we should put our energy into getting
nest mates and Lookup.defineClass ready.

We have three parts to Lookup.defineClass.
1) PRIVATE mode handling - which we believe we can support with nest mates
- we do not want to do any versions of this based on unsafe.DAC current
behavior,
- we are looking at cleaner behavior for nestmates
2) “temporary” name - i.e. find doesn’t work
3) CP patching/user data

My mental model is that we don’t have to add all of these at the same time,
although we will want user feedback on when to remove
unsafe.DefineAnonymousClass.
In fact, we would love more examples of current use cases, to help guide our
design.

thanks,
Karen