Dan,

Many thanks for the careful updates and working so closely with all of us with
each
iteration.

Couple of minor comments:

1. Since we postponed this, and each release will change the ClassFile Version:
   - the new attributes will be in ClassFile Version 55
   - If we want to use the new versioning, that would be 18.9 (rather than 11)

2. 3.7 Code example update - there is an invokespecial #4 // Method
Near.getItNear()I
I don’t think getItNear exists in the green example. I assume you meant
Near.getIt().

3. 5.4.2. Preparation:
2nd changed paragraph -
The loader constraint equation below compares types relative to L2 (which is
the class loader for the selected method) vs. L3. I do not see L3 defined here.
I believe that <I, L3> is intended to be the super interface which declares the
method in the first part of the sentence.

4. 5.4.4 I like the improvements suggested in this email thread clarifying that
a host_class_index refers to a Constant_Class.
And thank you for the future reminder of the circularity issue if we allow
classes to be private.

5.5.4.5 Thank you for the example and for sweating the details. As an
implementor, I very much like having all of this information in one place in
the JVMS.

6. 5.4.5 “the selected method of the invocation for an instance of a class or
interface C”
For invokeinterface and invoke virtual “C” is always an object ref which must
always be a class
not an interface.

Assuming you might be looking ahead to having this also work for invoke special
when we get rid
of ACC_SUPER? Otherwise I think this might work better with “class C”.

thanks,
Karen