On 12/10/2017 06:36 PM, Reza Naghibi wrote:
> Basically, the user adds VFP
> processors via VCL as usual with an optional position.

What did you mean here by "as usual"? A user doesn't have a means to add
VFPs or VDPs via VCL -- I thought that this discussion is about how that
would work.

>    - Varnish has access to builtin VFPs. These VFPs are always available
>    and are used to fill in any gaps when it cannot find a way to match and
>    output and input when constructing the chain.

Are we considering ways for a VFP/VDP defined in a VMOD to replace one
of the builtins?

... assuming that the same thoughts apply to VDPs, and that esi and
gzip/gunzip are among the builtin VDPs ...

As we've talked about before, I'd like to take a shot at a VDP for
parallel ESIs. It seems to me that the pesi VDP wouldn't be worked into
the chain, but would rather substitute the builtin esi VDP in the chain.

So it would be something along the lines of:

sub vcl_deliver {
        replace_vdp(esi, pesi.vdp());
        # ...
}

Best,
Geoff
--
** * * UPLEX - Nils Goroll Systemoptimierung

Scheffelstraße 32
22301 Hamburg

Tel +49 40 2880 5731
Mob +49 176 636 90917