----- "Poul-Henning Kamp" <p...@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> >     9 RxHeader     b Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 1978 05:00:00 GMT
>
> This is your problem: the backend says that the object is already
> expired, so obviously we cannot cache it for any amount of time.

I'm not sure we're still talking about the same problem. :-)
Just to be sure: we don't want to cache that dynamic page, but I'm wondering
why (with those) headers, it's still seen as obj.cacheable by Varnish. If you
check the log of the second request in my previous mail, you even see a message
"   8 VCL_call     c hit" which seems to suggest the object is served from
cache?
(cache-control: max-age = 900 is also set)

Luc