On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 11:07 PM Dridi Boukelmoune <dr...@varni.sh> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can't do that, but you can move the backend definition inside
> environment.vcl instead to keep your default.vcl the same across all
> environments.

Hi,

Too bad... Strange thing to require hard coded strings. Is there a technical
reason for that?

Yeah, I actually ended up doing just that, moving the entire backend definition
to the separate file. But I would have preferred having the base structure in
the main vcl file, and only the actual host names (and other environment
specific configuration) in the separate vcl file. Also, if they were variables,
I would be able to use them elsewhere in the vcl (like in synth output, which
was my main goal originally). If I want to do that now, I would have to define
the same host name multiple times.