On 08/14/2017 04:45 AM, Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
That error message means that the VirtualBox executable isn't installed suid root (which the hardening expects and complains about by pointing at the user id information for the running process).

Our spec file does not install /usr/bin/VirtualBox as suid, nor does it need to be when our packages are used. I have no idea why this error is happening. As both instances that I know about come from converting from the Oracle RPM to the openSUSE version, perhaps some files got left behind. Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate the problem.

Larry