Hi Martin,

On 2022-01-20 11:09, Martin Fleisz wrote:
Hi there,

I just updated to the latest OSE source code (r93349) but I can't get it
to compile on Windows. I receive following error:

Build x86 additions
C:/kBuild/kBuild/footer-inherit-uses-tools.kmk:1012: *** kBuild: Cannot
find include file for the SDK 'WINPSDK71-INCS'! Searched:
C:/kBuild/kBuild/sdks .  Stop.

Yes, sorry about that. Known issue. We're currently working on updating the build tools and SDKs for Windows, and so far we didn't find time to adapt the OSE build.

Suspect it'll need a mix of adapting the configure.vbs script and (hopefully not that much) updating the list of build prerequisites.

I checked in the kbuild folder (also updated to r3541) and I see a
WINPSDK71INCS.kmk there. Renaming the file to WINPSDK71-INCS.kmk fixes
the issue above but soon after compilation fails with tons of compiling
errors in the Windows 10 SDK headers.

This is old stuff, getting phased out. Unlikely that it'll be possible to get it working again. I think few people will miss the eliminated "old (P)SDK" requirement in the list of prerequisites.

The last version that did compile for me was r92744

Suspect you mean that you were not trying to build anything between this repository state and the current one... pretty sure that revisions in between would build just fine, but that's not really the point. The latest code should be buildable for everyone.

Hope we'll get there within less than a week...

Klaus

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks, Martin