On 03/04/2010 01:59 AM, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've decided to close the vbox-users mailing list as the traffic is
> very low and the VBox forums at http://forums.virtualbox.org/ are a
> better place to ask related questions. Of course, before opening a
> new topic you should search the forum if your answer is already there.
>
> The vbox-dev mailing list will remain.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Frank

Frank,

1. Is there an annouced time-frame for this? Or will the list just
suddenly fail to resolve overnight?

2. Will:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
be updated to reflect the change? Currently there is no indication on
that page, or <http://www.virtualbox.org/mailman/listinfo/vbox-users>
regarding the closure & new users are likely to sign up without knowing
the status (recent new posts are an example).

3. Shall we write Larry & let him know that, while we (I) love America's
Cup, the amount spent on a single AC crew foul weather outfit would
probably keep this list running for a year or two?

Thanks & thanks again for all of your kind efforts on this list.

Gary Lee (NoOp)