On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 12:19:50PM -0500, Ken Jones wrote:

> >         Hi, I've a server with this hardware configuration:
> > AMD- K6 - 500Mhz, 64Mb RAM, 10Gb HD (IDE). This server is running a
> > WebServer (Apache) and a mail server (qmail and vpopmail). This server
> > has about 150 domains in it, but now one of then, would like to give
> > Free Email Accounts (like Hotmail). Anyone can told me how many mail
> > accounts this server supports?
> > P.S- 1Mb each account.
>
> You can probably do about 20K accounts. It depends alot on
> how active each account is.

I would be very curious to hear how you arrived at that number.  I'm not
disagreeing with you, I just have no idea how to predict how many
accounts a box can handle.

Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101