I've written a perl script that goes through and counts every individual
user in every vpassword file on the system (to see how many users exist). It
would be pretty easy to parse through all the vpassword files and dump the
contents into a MySQL table.

I've been tempted to do this but myself (convert to MySQL) but I've opted
not to. I have a large number of domains and the majority of the domains
only have a small number of users. It's far more efficient for the system to
read a tiny vpasswd.cdb file for every delivery and authentication than to
make a database query.

Matt