Hi Clayton,

Thats seems to have put things right.
I am guessing the fact that I specified /usr/local/mysql/lib took priority
over /etc/ld.conf.so

I have now made and make install-strip and all the binarys seem to be in
place etc.

my new problem is when I do /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain test I get
/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain: error while loading shared libraries:
libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I am guessing because there is no mysql database called vpopmail ???

Why has no database been created ?

Also instead of troubling the list with these question that seem quite
simple is there a good source of info on how to set this up.

the README.mysql seems to "suggest" that the database should already be
built.

thanks,

Matt.