From: Alan Murrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 8:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] Vpopmail: Best method for virtual hosts/domains?

Hello,

I am putting together a dedicated hosting box for a
Customer, who will be hosting several domains.  The
box will also handle their email.  I will be
installing Apache/PHP/MySQL/mod_perl/etc. from
Apachetoolbox, and will be using
Qmail/Vpopmail/QmailAdmin/Sqwebmail for the mail
solution.

My question is, which is the best way to handle the
virtual mail authorization?  I have used 'vhckpw' in
the past, but also notice that many people seem to
like using MySQL for that.  What are some of the
advantages/disadvantages of using MySQL over the
"traditional' vhckpw?  Or are one of the other
authorization methods better?  I know this is a
subjective question.  I guess what UI'm looking for
are pros & cons, so I can then make my own decision
based ont hat.

TIA for your help and insight.

=====
--