Hi,

I'm trying to migrate from Netscape Mail to Qmail. I got qmail, vpopmail
and courier-imap installed, but I have some doubts about the migrating
path to get as many features as posible without users intervention.

I'd like to preserve the NS Mail ldap scheme for the users database
using Openldap, but I read some comments about advising not to use
vpopmail's ldap module but vpasswd.cdb local db or mysql db.

Currently it's running without ldap, just local cdb, and it's working
fine with Courier imapd, but courier-popd fails to authenticate (same
username and password is accepted ok via imapd). I configured popd to
use the same authdaemon configuration as imapd but it refuses all
logins. I traced logs, tested authtest tool and everything seems ok. If
I get back to qmail-pop3d with vchkpw enabled, it does work. Dunno why!

I also need to preserve users' current ciphered passwords (SHA-1) as
stored in ldap directory, but cannot find sha support in vpopmail
(despite courier's authdaemon understands SHA passwords). How can I keep
users passwords, if possible?

My users currently use a "username.domain.com" scheme as pop usernames
to login to their mailboxes at Netscape server. I'm trying to use the
dot as domain separator when they login to vpopmail/courier, but I
didn't find info about that subject. Is that supported?

My target is qmail+vpopmail+ldap+courier+imp to get the same services as
of netscape, with mailboxes contents and users database transparently
moved to qmail, but I don't have a clear migrating path yet to get the
same features with no user impact. :(

Advice would be very welcome, specially on users directoy, sha-1 and
domain separator stuff.

Thanks