Vladimir, thank you for your mail,

If I understand you ok, you used an exported ldif file from netscape to
setup all your existing mail accounts to qmail/vpopmail, right? Using
ldap as auth engine on vpopmail's ldap module, or local userdb files?

My testing setup is using vpopmail's local cdb files. I should add ldap
support to really migrate my current setup maintaining the current
structure, but docs and comments from vpopmail people discourage me from
ldap usage, so I'm worried on this. Why yes, why not?

You imported your cyphered SHA-1 strings from netscape database, ok.
Then, once inserted in vpopmail users database, vchkpw and authdaemon
recognize such SHA-1 strings to validate users' passwords?

Rick Romero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> pointed to --enable-learning-passwords
as an alternate feature for some migrating projects. It's a good option,
just in case. But direct support for SHA-1 password would be 100%
straight to the problem.

And about mailboxes, I found out that their contents can be copied to
each user's Maildir/new directory (after parsing them with any dos2unix
tool, to remove extra trailing CR/LF). Good point is that it's an easy
way to restore messages from the older server. Bad point is that all
those old messages appear as new stuff in INBOX, not preserving previous
folders estructure.

If you can send that work, it'd be great, thank you
Will keep in contact to discuss some migration questions, on list or
privately if it becomes too specific for the list...