From: Michael Bowe [mailto:mbowe@;]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 3:33 PM
To: 'Vchkpw'
Subject: RE: [vchkpw] Password Aging

If you use the vpopmail with the mysql backend, then you could add an
additional column to the table so that each user has a field
that stores the date their password was last changed

Then you could crontab a daily script that scans the SQL looking for users
with old passwords

Perhaps email them a warning at 5 months, and then lock them out at 6
The lockout could be achieved by setting the NO_POP, NO_WEBMAIL etc flags on
their account
That way their mailbox will still receive mail, but they just wont be able
to pick it up

I have some basic info showing how you can setup vpopmail w/mysql backend at