On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 09:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I do have smtp.example.com in the me file, and I have experimented with
> smtp.example.com both in and not in the locas file.
>
> You are correct, when in the locals file qmail seems to want to deliver tha mail
> to a local shell user.  What I want to do is send that mail to a virtual user in
> the example.com domain.  I tried puting the [EMAIL PROTECTED] address in the
> .qmail-root and .qmail-postmaster and .qmail-mailer-daemon files that I created
> in the /var/qmail/alias directory but to no avail.
>
> Simply put, I just want emails intended for local machine to go to the user of
> my choice in the default domain of my choice.

Ok - you could put a .qmail file in the shell users homedir containing
&&[EMAIL PROTECTED] (I think this requires the fastforward package), this
will forward all mail to the intended virtualdomain email...

I don't know how to make this a global setting (if you have a lot of
shell users this could be quite a task), maybe a blank locals file ?

I hope some of this helps :)