> It seems that no matter i use date +%Z or not the QMAIL still using -0000
> my question is how to modify the qmail GMT ?

I looked into this issue a while back because I found it a pain having all
the headers written in GMT
>From what I remember of the subject, I found that qmail was designed
intentionally to log all the headers in GMT because this was specified in
one of the RFC's.

My solution was to use a patch I found at www.qmail.org
I have been using this patch on all my systems to get the headers logged in
localtime rather than GMT
ftp://ftp.nlc.net.au/pub/unix/mail/qmail/qmail-date-localtime.patch

> I hope I dont need to re-compile qmail or vpopmail.

This patch does require that you recompile qmail. You dont have to recompile
vpopmail.

Michael