/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
/var/qmail/users/assign

I'm assuming they're correct, otherwise we'd probably get an error about that domain not being in qmail's allowed list of rcpthosts. But it can't hurt to check. I'd be most interested in /var/qmail/users/assign.

On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 08:22 AM, Lapidus, Keith wrote:

I understand where you are coming from, and I have installed and
reinstalled vpopmail many times on the 8.0 machine, and have tried local
commands to make sure vpopmail works and it does. For some reason,
qmail is not using vpopmail. Do you think this is actually a qmail
problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Walsh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 9:59 AM
To: Lapidus, Keith; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [vchkpw] qmail + vpopmail + mysql + Redhat 8

From the error message, you can determine that vpopmail is not being run
on that particular mailbox.

failure: Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name._(#5.1.1)/

Note the lack of vpopmail in that line... A typical vpopmail bounce
(meaning that it got to the vdeliver application but when the look up
went to the DB it didn't find it) will read:

Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name._vpopmail_(#5.1.1)

Check your vpopmail install on the RH 8.0 machine.

Tom Walsh
Network Administrator
http://www.ala.net/