I have installed qmail + vpopmail 5.2 in RedHat 7.3. qmail works fine,
and I've successfully created varios virtual domains and accounts with
vpopmail (via xinetd). They receive fine the incoming messages. However
when I cannot authenticate in any of those accounts:

[root@astronomia lib]# telnet localhost 110
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
PASS mypassword
-ERR authorization failed
Connection closed by foreign host.

  The xinetd file is this:

service pop3
    disable            = no
    socket_type        = stream
    protocol           = tcp
    wait               = no
    user               = root
    server             = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
    server_args        = astronomia.net /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir
    log_type           = FILE /var/log/xinetd.log
    log_on_success     = HOST
    log_on_failure     = HOST RECORD

  I don't know how and where to log the messages of vpopmail. There
aren't any entry in /var/service/qmail-pop3d/log/ nor qmail/log about
the authentification problem.

  Any help would be welcomed!

Víctor R. Ruiz           | - Todos estos momentos se perderán, como
http://infoastro.com/rvr |   lágrimas en la lluvia.