Well, to start off, i just want to make it clear that I am not arguing, I am
just trying to become more clear.

On Saturday, February 15, 2003 9:32 PM, Cory Wright wrote:
> In order to fully understand this you need to have a good understanding of
> how qmail's virtual domains work.  The .qmail-default file is called for
> every vpopmail account that has not been overridden by a .qmail file in
the
> domain's directory.

I have read the documentation before posting my problems.

Per the documentation from vdelivermail:
>> [default account for delivery]
>> If the email does match any .qmail-user file and also does not match any
virtual domain user, this is the default delivery instructions.

'spam' is a virtual domain user.  the vdelivermail in my environment is not
complying with the documented behavior.

the documentation in dot-qmail also says that a user account will take
precedence over a .qmail-default.

i understand the concept of a catch-all.  the .qmail-default is acting as a
.qmail-catchall instead of an encompassed catch-all.

IE:  the documentation does not say:
If the email does match any .qmail-user file, this is the default delivery
instructions.

jim