On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 08:38, made wrote:
> Hello Rick,
>
> Wednesday, February 19, 2003, 12:27:42 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Allright, I've been running vqregister for quite a while, and I've
> > wanted to add a 'Secret Word' so users could re-request their email
> > password.  Obviously, the database functions should take care of that.
>
> > Not on my system :(
>
> > I think what it all came down to was my version of MySQL.  I think the
> > db functions for MySQL were done on an older version than I have, and my
> > version is just pickier.
>
> > Anyways, I attached a full patch that does everything but link
> db_mysql.* ->> db_*.  I don't know what parts or even if you want it, but
> > the biggest issue was the MySQL insert.
> > Apparently my versions (I've upgraded since first trying), require the
> > column names before the values.  So I added that to db_mysql.c, and
> > that's reflected in the first part of the patch.
>
> > Have Fun!
>
> > Rick
>
> Great... sorry i'm newbies in vqregister!! is it meant that you can
> use mysql to store all the vqregister user database?

That's Correct.

> oh... what a wonderfull
> things.. coz i'm always fail to do that. everytime i compile my vqregister
> thereis no database on mySQL server like the vqregister blurb said,

Yeah, first thing is to either copy db_mysql.* to db.* or create a
symlink to db_mysql.* from db.*  Took me a while to figure that part
out. I guess it's not really supported, and there are no docs.  :(

> is it some bug in vqregiser or maybe i do it in wrong way? so would you please give
>me some
> clue so i can use mysql to store all user information who had
> registered via vqregister!!

Start with making sure db_mysql is actually compiled in, by doing one of
the above.  Then make sure you've AT LEAST applied the part of the patch
that adds to db_mysql.c.  You MAY not need that, but it doesn't hurt.
That part of the patch changes the MySQL insert from:
INSERT INTO VPOPMAIL VALUES ("1","2")
INSERT INTO VPOPMAIL (user,dom) VALUES ("1","2")

I assume some version of MySQL doesn't require the field names on an
insert, but mine does.  (Though I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to
specify that.)

At that point, you can at least do what the example shows - the rest of
my patch adds a field for implementation of using a 'Secret Word'.  So
if you want to use more fields, use the rest of the patch as a guide.

Rick