EL Friday 21 February 2003 15:21, Peter Palmreuther se escrivio:

Hi Peter...

> > but if you see my "telnet" session the problem is introduction off login,
> > because with "vpopmail" use "%xxxx.com" to distinct a user from a domain
> > to other.
> >
> Go, read the RFCs. Read the source code of patch from
>
> http://members.elysium.pl/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/

        Hmmm ok,

> See: you're not expected, nor allowed to log in "typing plain text", the
> input has to be base64-encoded. That's why you get "malformed auth
> input" instead of "authentication denied" (never wondered about the
> error _message_???).
>
> Your bet bet is to use a MUA capable of doing SMTP-AUTH and test using
> it. Don't try to hack a telnet session if you don't know what to type in
> ('VXNlcm5hbWU6' should have given you a hint that something's different
> than in POP3-login session; FYI: it's the string 'Username:'
> base64-encoded)

        Ok, i understand, but fro the other i test this with a MUA (KMAIL) and probe
a list of format's:

ENCRYPTION:
NONE
SSL
TLS

AUTHENTICATION METHOD:
PLAIN
LOGIN
CRAIN-MD5
DIGEST-MD5

but nothing, i need a form to see what happening with this, anybody have one
idea for it...

tank's again...

Pd: extra data:

this is qmail + patch (i use gentoo)

DESCRIPTION="A modern replacement for sendmail which uses maildirs and
includes SSL/TLS, AUTH SMTP, and queue optimization"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.qmail.org/
        http://members.elysium.pl/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/
        http://www.jedi.claranet.fr/qmail-tuning.html";
SRC_URI="http://cr.yp.to/software/qmail-1.03.tar.gz